Can you help to spread a little bit of Christmas Cheer in our community?
It’s that time of the year again when we start preparing for Christmas.
This time the St Brigid’s Care Group is asking our friends at St. Brigid’s Parish to donate money towards our Christmas Cheer/Hampers.
‘Many Hands together, reaching out to our neighbour as God intended’
The support you offer is a gift, given with Jesus’ love and a blessing, to the Care Group’s ongoing services. It enables them to provide hampers, care parcels, gifts for the vulnerable and Christmas meals to families and individuals in the community to help them celebrate the birth of Jesus.
If you would like to help, please contact Maree on 0417 087 199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to pick up donations or you may choose to send via mail PO Box 425, Healesville, 3777 or bank transfer to:
St Brigid’s Care Group, BSB 083 347, Account: 258567346
❤️ A little bit about our CARE GROUP ❤️
From our beginning, in the 1990’s, the volunteers of the St. Brigid’s Care Group have had the privilege of working within our local community, offering practical support to those around us who are going through a tough time. The Care Group is totally self-funded, relying on the proceeds from fund-raising activities and donations from local business and the community.
We are proud of the fact that we support over 100 families (300 individuals), suffering hardships including the many extra people impacted by the COVID19 pandemic, within the Church and wider community.
We are dedicated to helping in any way we can, reaching out to those who do not receive support from existing services. We provide a variety of services depending on the needs of individuals including the following:
- Outreach to those who are vulnerable, sick or unable to get out, including residents at Holmwood and Aurrum.
- Preparation and delivery of meals, bread and food parcels.
- Discretionary financial support in the form of a bill payment, food and petrol vouchers.
- Initial crisis support, and subsequent advocacy, liaison with complementary support of other welfare agencies.
- Every year over we aim to brighten up lives over the Christmas season by gifting hampers, gifts, meals, vouchers to families and individuals, and more.